Unique Lunatics
Unique Lunatics
Unique Lunatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unique Lunatics

A tiny ronery forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
D'YAEBL AEP ARSE
THEY come after you too. With Bug
HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE Very Happy
ANYONE WHO SEES THIS NEEDS TO POST AT LEAST ONE THING, OR ELSE CHAD WILL GET SAD

PREPARE YOURSELF

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jesse
Admin
Jesse

PREPARE YOURSELF Empty
PostSubject: PREPARE YOURSELF   PREPARE YOURSELF I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 5:35 am

THE END IS NEAR MY FELLOW UL

Soon enough you'll all be forced to update to "New MSN"

What is new msn and why is it so terrible to update to?

Windows Live promised a new updated and innovated messanger that everyone could enjoy. But you know what they gave us? A piece of steamy shit that only hipster social network whores will enjoy.

PREPARE YOURSELF Windows-live-messenger-2011-free-download

Whats so "new" about it? Maybe the fact that it implements the ability to connect multiple social networks, then have those social networks unknowingly update your msn status. As in. You write "going to the parp tonight with a few mates wooo cant wait!" on facebook, IT'LL AUTOMATICALLY UPDATE YOUR ALREADY EPIC MSN PERSONAL MESSAGE WITH THIS, ALLOWING ALL YOUR UNSUSPECTING MESSANGER FRIENDS TO KNOW THAT YOU'RE GOING TO THE PARP TONIGHT AND THEY AREN'T INVITED.

What else?

HD video chatting, which is only possible with an HD camera.
A new design that clogs up your contact page with ads, social network updates from your 5000 friends, but it does look pretty when you resize the window back and forth. Nice sliding animation

Nothing else is new. Besides the fact that they REMOVED the ability to change your screen name. Your name is now YOUR NAME. No more silly quirky irrelevant inside joke names. It's just YOUR NAME. Of course you always have the option to go into your messanger settings(on the site), and change your irl name, and then wait 10mins for the page to load and save your settings, each time you think of a cool name.

No more msn plus. No cool colours, sounds, bold or italic text.

And what HIGHLY disturbs a lot of people is that they removed the ability to draw. THAT'S RIGHT. No more group convos with your best mates, drawing a bunch of dicks and silly stick figures. No more expressing your thoughts that you just don't have the words for through scribbles.

It's destroying our individuality on the internet. Maybe we have a few friends on msn who we DIDN'T add to facebook, or DIDN'T tell our full names too.

The only good thing about this new update is if you're a facebook addict. IF facebook is your life and you want everything in your life to revolve around facebook. Then yeah, Windows Live Messanger 2011 is for you.

If you're someone who still wants to keep that shred of individuality and freedom we still have on the internet then you'll prepare yourself before it's too late.

You have have options in this MSN apocalypse.

Your first is to go with the flow, update your msn, get used to the new client, and continue with your life.

You can refuse to update, but that won't help you in the end. The majority of your friends will update and you will be left incompatible , with an old messenger. They won't be able to see your drawings or your fancy name anyways. A few years ago when the OLD new msn came out (the one we all use now) people refused to update but in the end did. It's inevitable. MSN will force you to update, and you'll have to uninstall and install a shit of programs to keep your old messenger anyways.

You can switch to another network, such as Yahoo, or Xfire, and chat on there. But will all your friends switch with you?

Your final option is to get a new client that supports MSN.

I've got two I'll quickly tell you about today.

First one being Miranda IM. Out of all the clients, it's the most lightweight. Using only 5000K memory while running. It has a looot of nice skins that can be used for it, and it's free Very Happy However it seems like a bitch to add skins to it, and it doesn't have many features besides chatting. I'm sure theres plugins to change that but as I said it's a BITCH to install them properly. If you didn't install a custom skin you'll get a client looking like this.

PREPARE YOURSELF Ao2b6d

Next up is my fave TRILLIAN. It implements all the features of msn, and more. You can draw, send nudges, see custom emotes(and send), webcam, send files, receive files, custom fonts, custom skins. etc. The only downside is you need to pay to get features like webcam and custom skins, but I just pirated Trillian Pro with a cracked patch and it all works fine now Razz( it also takes no more effort than installing it normally, and less time than installing msn) It uses about 10,000 - 18,000K while running and IMO it looks great with little effort. Here is a preinstalled skin that came with Trillian Pro and looks really nice.

PREPARE YOURSELF 2q9xj7a

Also as a comparison msn uses 30,000 - 43,000K of memory while running with nothing open besides your contact list.

PREPARE YOURSELF Windows-live-essentials-2011-beta-facebook-chat

Is this what you really want. Are you really too lazy to open up facebook? (even if you are trillian and miranda also allow you to sign into facebook chat, and many other chats such as Yahoo, ICQ, etc.)

SO MAKE THE CHOICE NOW MY FRIENDS, PREPARE YOURSELF BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE. WHEN THE DAY COMES WHEN YOU'RE REFUSED THE RIGHT TO SIGN IN UNTIL YOU UPDATE, IT'LL BE TOO LATE.

PREPARE YOURSELF 11rxdn7
Back to top Go down
http://crackfag.tumblr.com/

PREPARE YOURSELF
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Unique Lunatics :: Everything :: Announcements and Formal Stuff-
Jump to: