Unique Lunatics
Unique Lunatics
Unique Lunatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unique Lunatics

A tiny ronery forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
D'YAEBL AEP ARSE
THEY come after you too. With Bug
HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE Very Happy
ANYONE WHO SEES THIS NEEDS TO POST AT LEAST ONE THING, OR ELSE CHAD WILL GET SAD

Golden Oldies.

Go down 
+2
Tea
Jesse
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Golden Oldies. Empty
PostSubject: Golden Oldies.   Golden Oldies. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 7:33 pm

Well Oldies I mean like movies that came out around 1980-1999.

Just list yer Top Three.

Mine are:

1. Star Wars I - Was fucking awesome, i cant forget the night i saw it with a few thousand other people.

2. Jurassic Park I - I was fucking scared when i watched this the first time at my Grandma's

3. Godzilla - I cried when they killed Godzilla on the bridge T_T well almost...i had to hold back the tears for the Japanese Romp and Stomp Monster, had to be MAN! pirat
Back to top Go down
Jesse
Admin
Jesse

Golden Oldies. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golden Oldies.   Golden Oldies. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 7:43 pm

1. Titanic - I watched a few times as kid but downloaded it a few weeks ago and criied ;^; so sad.
2. Akira - So complex and interesting Surprised
3. Wayne's World - No way! WAY!!!
Back to top Go down
http://crackfag.tumblr.com/
Tea

Tea

Golden Oldies. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golden Oldies.   Golden Oldies. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 7:52 pm

1. Neverending story. (SO CRAPPY MOVIE!!!) But when I was a little girl I just loved it.
2. The Mummy. Year 1999, HA! It counts. I loved it as a little girl, though I thought it was very scary when they saw the mummy for the first time, and then my fascination with egypt started and.. err, off track.
3. Jurassic park too, shocking. Well I really loved it because I knew it were something I couldn't see untill I were 11, so I were like, very cool for watching it, and I loved dinos.
Back to top Go down
Mizz

Mizz

Golden Oldies. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golden Oldies.   Golden Oldies. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 8:45 pm

I'm NOT gonna post only three...XD I'll tell you that much right now. I'm also NOT going to put them in any order Razz These will just be the first good 1980-1999 films that pop into my head. I won't be putting Disney movies...There's just too many.

Gawd, I hate these "favourite movie" topics DX

1. The Labyrinth- Look at David's uber tight pants XD How glamastic
1. BEETLEJUICE- It was the first Tim Burton movie I ever saw, and one of the most unusual (yet somehow lovable) films I've ever seen. I fell in love with it at that age x3 I'd never seen anything like it.
1. The Iron Giant- The beginning might seem a bit slow at an older age, but I'll NEVER get tired of that ending. "Suuuuuupermaaaaan" <3
1. Edward Scissorhands- Don't know just /why/ I like it...I just do. It's a classic.
1. The Crow- This film just has SO many epic quotes, like TDK. The direction is also good, and I don't think it can ever be repeated.
1. Of Mice and Men- This one just deserves my respect...Based on a great piece of literature, also; and makes for a good SNL "Dear Sister" parody.
1. Watership Down- I know it's from 1978, but it's a good movie just the same. BUNNIES.
1. The Last Unicorn- Don't judge by the name D: The art is awesome, and the music is just as great.
1. Enemy Mine- My favourite alien movie of all time, most likely followed by Signs. Seriously. Epic. It could easily be adapted into another genre of film, and adresses war and segregation in the most radtastic way EVAH.

I know I'm gonna forget something UBERIMPORTANT, but I think I should stop D: I've posted a /couple/ of good ones, I hope xP
Back to top Go down
Raccoonard

Raccoonard

Golden Oldies. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golden Oldies.   Golden Oldies. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 10:58 pm

1. Labyrinth : An old movie that my mum and I used to watch together. Makes me feel happy. Oh, memories... v.v"
2. Edward Scissorhands: Another nice movie. It showed how today's American society usually is. They pretty much like anything new and strange for a few moments, than hate and fear it the next.
3. Rose Red: An old horror movie adapted from Stephen King's novel. A nice plot, but when they said the word vampire, I sort of died a bit. .-."
4. Jacob's Ladder: The inspiration for Silent Hill. I lurbed all the head twitching, disturbingness, and crap. :B
5. The Mummy: OH SO ENJOYABLE. It was scary at times, and yet so adventurish and actiony. Imhotep is one of the many villains I know and lurv. XD
6. The Nightmare Before Christmas: How could I NOT enjoy this? Makes a wonderful kids movie, it started the little Tim Burton craze, famous characters we all know and love, etc. etc.
7. Stir of Echos: A scary SCARY movie that freaked me out when I was younger. The things popping up out of nowhere made me jump in terror! But this movie began my interest in seeing things, even though I can. But I wanted to see MOAR.
8. Dracula: Idk vhy... It vas a good movie to me. So... vunderful... Vith the blood sucking und such.

That's all I can think of at the moment. @_@
Back to top Go down
Mizz

Mizz

Golden Oldies. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golden Oldies.   Golden Oldies. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 10:46 am

I will never "love" the characters from The Nightmare Before Christmas =.=

But you also said The Labyrinth and Edward Scissorhands Very Happy Whoo! Highfive! XD

Misery and The Green Mile are probably my favourite Stephen King novel-to-film adaptations. Good books turned into equally good movies. Ain't that the way it's supposed to be? And let's not forget the Children of the Corn movies... X3

Today's society has gotten me so tired of the word "vampire"...Ugh. Vampires SUCK!
v.v I need more Dracula and Barnabus...On second thought, I need more holy water.
Back to top Go down
JohnnyCage92

JohnnyCage92

Golden Oldies. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golden Oldies.   Golden Oldies. I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 3:51 pm

heres mine...

1. Vanishing Point. Awesome movie, and the orignal from 1971 will always be a classic... but the 1996 remake just seems.... more.... idk, logical? which makes more sence: a cop chase over 5 states for either, A: a random ass bet, with no personal gain what so ever, or, B: trying to get home to your wife, who is in labor, and the doctors are saying she might not make it through...

2. Mortal Kombat... mainly follows the story line of the game, although a bit cheesy and unbelievable, some pretty good fight sceens, all in all.... a good video game movie.... cant be said about Super Mario Bros movie though... >_>

3.Back to the Future, parts I & II..... DeLoreans, Time Travel, THE 1950's!!!! yeah, pure awesomeness...
Back to top Go down
Lizzzmajig

Lizzzmajig

Golden Oldies. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golden Oldies.   Golden Oldies. I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 12:54 am

dhude,

1.fight club. what's that? twists that AREN'T PREDICTABLE? IN AN ACTION DRAMA?

2.as good as it gets. Jack Nicholson is the worlds most lovable arsehat.

3.beetlejuice. yeah, awesome.

4.Alien. not the scariest movie ever, but it's great at establishing atmosphere, which every horror movie these days lacks entirely. it's scary as shit compared to saw or w/e

5.Eraserhead. I don't know what's going on here, but it's awesome. and disturbing. and then it's suddenly really fucking scary and i can't tell you why because spoilers.

also i have misery and jacobs ladder hidden away somewhere on vhs. i should watch them.
also space balls.
Back to top Go down
Raccoonard

Raccoonard

Golden Oldies. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golden Oldies.   Golden Oldies. I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 7:35 am

How could I forget Beetlejuice? @_@

I need to go hunt for it on DVD. Watch it again. XD
Back to top Go down
JohnnyCage92

JohnnyCage92

Golden Oldies. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golden Oldies.   Golden Oldies. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 2:47 pm

also.... Army of Darkness.... and the rest of the Evil Dead series...

awesomeness because:

1: Bruce Campbell kicks ass
2: who wouldnt want a chainsaw for their right hand.... well... right handed people maybe would want it as their left...
3: the movies break all laws of of logic and human comprehension
4: the origin of a lot of the favorite one liners we all know and love ("its time to kick ass and chew bubble gum...")
5: "Cause your a little goody two shoes"
6:????
7: PROFIT!
Back to top Go down
Mizz

Mizz

Golden Oldies. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golden Oldies.   Golden Oldies. I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 9:40 am

I ruv Fight Club und Beetlejuice :K
Mmmmm....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Golden Oldies. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golden Oldies.   Golden Oldies. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Golden Oldies.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Unique Lunatics :: Everything :: Movie movies-
Jump to: